Saturday, July 21, 2012

They Met the Teacher :)

Well, it's official! I have met my new class for this school year. :)

Yesterday was our "Meet the Teacher" and I have to say....I can already tell that I am going to have a FABULOUS year! The parents were wonderful and the kiddos looked eager and excited...and CUTE!

I have a pretty equal amount of boys vs girls and several parents who I've taught other kids of theirs before. I had a lot of the parents pull me aside and whisper "We are SOOOOO glad we got you!", and that made my day!

Here are a few pics of my classroom ALL ready for the kids!

I had a goodie bag and information packet at each spot waiting on the kids :) If you wanna see what my goodie bags were, you can check out my blog post on that HERE!


This is my new reading corner where I'll spend time with small groups during our reading time. :) OH, and "Goober" the gorilla is sitting ready to greet students. He's our new class mascot!



And this is my newly redesigned classroom library! :)


And, lastly, this is my WONDERFUL Aide on the left....and me on the right! We've worked in the same classroom together for 5 years now :)

It has been a VERY busy week for me getting all caught up and ready for back to school, so I haven't been able to blog hop and stalk as much as I'm used to! I miss you guys, but I promise I'll get back into the swing of it all soon!

Don't forget TOMORROW is the last day to enter in my HUGE giveaway!!! Click here to enter if you haven't yet!  It looks like the gift card to Target is the most WANTED prize, but most of you said that you'd love to win ANY of them! They are all great! :)

Winners will be announced MONDAY evening!!! Stay tuned :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Marie, I CANNOT believe you are already meeting students and starting school! Noooo, summer, where did you go??:) Good luck with the beginning of your school year. Your classroom looks so great!
    Amber
    Synonym Rolls & Antonym Moments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!!! We are BACK! :) Our school works on a modified year-round schedule, so we were out for break May 25th and we start back (with students) this coming Monday. The plus side is that we get an extra week for Fall and Spring breaks! I love this schedule :)

      Thanks for the commment! I'll be sure to come visit your blog!
      Marie

      Delete
  2. Your room looks great! I love the Gorilla!

    Kate
    Second Grade Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate! I worked really hard on it. :)

      Delete
  3. Your room looks fabulous:)Our school has a closed campus for the summer so we can't even get into our room for another week or two!

    I would love for you to check out my birthday giveaway!
    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  4. You room looks awesome-so cheery and cozy! Glad meet-the-teacher went well-good luck with your new kiddos! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun room you've set up for your students. All the little details around the room are such great touches. I adore the little monkeys hanging from the curtain in the library area.

    Fantastic job!
    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you had a great time meeting your new sweeties!! your classroom looks great btw:) Have a fun first day & a great school year:)

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...