Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Some Random thoughts and a HEALTHY LINKY!

Wow....only TWO days into this new school year and I am in need of a masseuse, house keeper, chef, and a huge comfy king sized bed to take a nap on! lol.... BUT, in reality, I rushed to pick up both of my kids after work, then came home, threw together dinner, gave baths, and now I am sitting doing NOTHING very productive for the first time ALL DAY! WHEW! It's been a whirlwind of a week so far, but I know by next Friday I'll have it all down again.

Do you guys feel like this at the beginning of the year too? It seems like every year it takes me about two weeks to get my bearings again. :)

My class this year is really amazing...very well mannered and quick with following directions for the most part. I'm trying the "Whole Brain Learning" rules this year and so far, I'm really liking the results.

Now, as my title said, this is a bit RANDOM.....

Remember a few days ago I showed you guys my FIRST DAY sign for pictures of my students?

Well, here are the two color choices:


What do you guys think??? Which would be the better picture bulletin of my class? THe black and white, or the high contrast color?

And, back on the random thought train.... Let's get real for a minute.... ok?

I have two kids....an almost 5 year old and a 15 month old. I was the HEALTHIEST in my life when I got pregnant with my daughter and let's just say....since then I'm at my not so healthiest... lol


Without exaggeration, I have about 60 pounds to lose. I am not on a mission for skinny, because even at my healthiest and most fit looking, I was a healthy size 12.

That's what I want back....and I am going to do it with the help of Kimberlee from Two Fulbright Hugs!




I'm teaming up to get healthy and lose weight! Maybe you are at your perfect weight, but want to link up for new healthy recipes or inspiration???

Something to think about.....

I'm starting by eating more healthy meals and staying away from carbs after 3pm each day. Here's my dinner:
Instead of making "TACOS" I made lettuce wraps! I used ground turkey, fat free cheese (measured instead of thrown on by hand), and chunky salsa with hot sauce. That's it....and it was DELICIOUS!

Now that I'm so busy again with teaching all day and taking care of my two at night, I'm trying to work on meal planning the weekend before each week. Tomorrow night is a "no cook" night. We are having fruit smoothies with protein for dinner :) My kids even like these! (big plus!)

Ok, enough randomness.....
Remember this is my BIRTHDAY week! I have a few more little surprises up my sleeve this week, so stay tuned!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday! I want to loose weight too. I'm going to start tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration. I just did B and W for my board and I LOVE it. I'll post pictures tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I'll be sure to check them out! :)
      Marie

      Delete
  2. thanks for linking up Marie - I think you are right to start with eating healthier... I am like you - I do not want to get skinny, as I would not look right with my bone structure. I do, however, want to be in shape and not be winded when walking at a fast pace!! This is a start in the right direction... let me know how you;ve done by the end of the week!!! :)

    ~ Kimberlee ~

    Two Fulbright Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for thinking this up Kimberlee! It was the nudge I needed!!! :)

      I'll keep you updated weekly!
      Marie

      Delete
  3. Wow, so much to comment on! I like the color photo better, but most parents love their little ones in black&white...at least, I do! I would LOVE to link up for the healthy link...I hear ya loud & clear, sister! And lastly, I wish you a masseuse/maid/personal chef for your Birthday! How exciting to start school AND have a birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel like I'm in a fog when school starts. I stay so busy that when I sit down at night I can't quite function. Last year, it was a good month before I could carry on a conversation at church on Wednesday nights. I need to link up with the teacher tone up. I started my exercising back yesterday and it didn't go well. I walk/ran on the treadmill. I got too hot and almost passed out. It was bad. Happy Birthday!
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...yes...a fog! That's a great way to explain it. It's only 6:18 here right now and I'm already thinking about going to bed! Too bad my kiddos aren't tired yet.

      Good for you for starting your excercise routine back up! After it cools down a bit here, I'll get back into full mode. Right now, I'm just tweaking calories and water intake. :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. I'm loving the B&W picture! Cute idea! I hear you on getting healthy. I gained 15 pounds my first year of teaching last year, it was like freshmen year in college all over again! I'm always looking for healthy recipes, so I love the linky! Have you tried zumba before? I do zumba dvds at home and lemme tell you, the dancing is good for stress too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...