Tuesday, July 10, 2012

MY Classroom THeme in Pictures (LINKY!)

Well, since I've been posting little tidbits of my room makeover, I thought I'd join in the fun Classroom Theme Inspiration Linky with Surfin' Through Second!
I'm really happy with the way my new theme is turning out! I don't know about ya'll, but I get BORED if I stick with the same theme for too long. It was definitely time for a change!

Here are some pics of how I'm incorporating WILD ANIMALS/JUNGLE/SAFARI into my room!

This is my new bulletin board that I made for the incoming Firsties! I'm going to have each monkey hold a sign with a student's name on it!


This bulletin board is inside my room and is going to be our classroom timeline of important or memorable events. The vine is the timeline. I'll start on the far left with "THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL"....and we'll add on. Underneath the words is where I'll display pictures of the students.

No...no...no...I DO NOT SEW! lol...but, lucky for me, the new First grade teacher on my team does! She made me two of these cute giraffe print Kleenex covers with the leftover fabric I had from making my crate seats!

I got SEVERAL types of wild animal and animal print borders...this one is a print I found at MICHAEL'S!

I used wall clings of monkeys and a palm tree to my library wall, as well as a giraffe printed curtain and a map of "animals around the world".

My Pinterest project: CRATE SEATS! Home Depot cut the wood for free!


I used animal print paper to make my HELPING HANDS job chart!


I created this sign to hang on my door. You can get it and other signs for free if you click on that tab at the top of my blog that says FREE CLASSROOM SIGNS!


This is a packet of WILD THEMED math posters and math mats that I created to use in my class this year! Click the picture to find out more about it!
 I created these labels, character counts posters, birthday cards, notes home, bookmarks and more to go along with my new wild theme! Click the picture for more details about it!

This is my new BIRTHDAY wall! The bags will have flower/card stakes sticking out with the names and dates of the student's birthdays.

Here are my cute WalMart toothbrush holders/rinsing cups that I labeled for pencils!

Remember this one??? MY newly updated entry wall right beside my classroom door. :)

And, my FUN WITH DUCT TAPE clipboards! lol

Oh, and a filing system I did by dressing up folders with...of course...DUCT TAPE! :)

 For more info on any of these classroom theme items, you can go to my labels and click classroom, DIY, and/or wild to see the posts they were in! :) If you have questions, please leave me a comment or send me an email! I can't wait to go see what everyone else is doing with their themes!

17 comments:

  1. I love your theme and all that you have done. I love monkeys, and I have been doing a jungle theme since I started teaching. I'm not done with my classroom yet, but I plan on showing in a couple of weeks on my blog.

    Elizabeth L.
    The First Grade Jungle Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I've never done a classroom theme. Hmmm...I'll have to think about this:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should TOTALLY do one Barbara!!! Or even just a color them or stripes/polka-dots... It's REALLY fun!

      Marie

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your room looks awesome!!! :) Love the jungle theme!
    I plan on doing a timeline too... I just don't know where to put it in my room! LOL
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my first year doing a Class TIMELINE, but I'm really excited about it! :)

      Delete
  4. I love it! It looks like so much fun! Those Tissue covers are great! I think I want to live in your class, lol. Thank you so much for linking up, I can't wait to see more pics when the year begins:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Corinna! I love this idea for a LInky! Thanks for hosting it!

      Delete
  5. Hey!! I just replied on my blog but wanted to let you know that the meet up is TODAY at 2!!! I wonder if you could make it!! :)
    ❤ Sandra
    Sweet Times in First
    sweettimesinfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My room last year was a jungle theme - LOVE it (especially your birthday bag wall! I always see animal print gift bags but can never think of how to use them.)

    http://delightfullydunn.blogspot.com/

    Marianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it, especially your reading nook! I am following from Wild About Teaching :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the crate seats & all the zebra stripes! It looks fun & inviting.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogpsot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so crafty-your classroom is going to be just beautiful!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie, your room is amazing! I'd love to be a student of yours!! :) I love how your crate seats came out!!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa!! I'm working hard, but it's fun!

      Delete
  11. Super cute! I'm incorporating zebra print in my classroom theme next year too! I'm doing zebra print, hot pink, and lime green! I started making some labels and things for it, and I'm uber excited! Funny thing is I actually have about 5 rolls of white zebra print duct tape and rolls of ribbon up in my room to cover my clipboards with as well!

    -Justina
    http://theverybusyresourceteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...