Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday MADE IT! (My First!)


Yay! I have always enjoyed seeing what people post on their MONDAY MADE IT's...and now I'm joining in!!! TO see what others are making or to join in, go on over to 4th Grade Frolics! 

Sooooooo....I got this idea from another blogger a week or so ago and just loved it! Thank you to Amanda at Reaching for the Top! She gave me all the inspiration and I just took what she did and gave it a "wild" twist! Thank you!!!!

Here it is: MY HELPFUL HANDS job chart!


I started by hanging 10 pieces of scrapbooking paper that I bought at Michael's. My room is WILD/Safari themed, so this pack of paper was perfect!


Then, I used Microsoft and created some picture tags for each of my classroom jobs.
line leader, caboose, table cleaner, board cleaner, floor cleaner, attendance slip carrier, library police(x2), pencil sharpener, paper passer


I glued each job heading to a piece of the paper on the wall.


I also bought a packet of hands that were pre-cute, and after laminating them, I put velcro dots on each hand, and one on each piece of paper on the wall. This way, it's easy to change out the helpers each week.

My hands will be numbered 1-24, so I can use them each year. (NO NAMES!)


Go back to the top to see the finished look again! :)

Thanks again to Amanda for the inspiration and ideas!!!

Before I go, I'd also like to give a BIG SHOUT OUT to Jenn at A Pirate's Life for Me! A Pirate's Life For Us
She is celebrating her blog's ONE YEAR birthday! :) SO CUTE....go help her celebrate!


8 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! It looks fantastic!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the helping hands chart! The wild/safari paper is a nice addition to that! :) Great job!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out sister!
    I kind of wish I would have joined the Monday Made It party...I have all of these projects lined up but haven't started any of them yet! I'm in TROUBLE!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! So glad this is your first linky and hoping it's not your last!! Love your classroom jobs chart. You are about the 5th person that I have seen that use numbers in place of names....I guess I need to check into this:) Thanks for linking up:0)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in my class I have a number system that matches up to a name system. Each child has a backpack hook, water bottle spot, and cubby that have a number (the same number on each of those). I also have their name right above their number on the backpack hooks. So, if they are #2 on the backpack hook, then they are #2 for the others as well. It makes things SO much easier. And, now, when I choose the helpers, I'll just pull a number! :)

      Delete
  5. I bought that paper too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use numbers in my classroom, too! It simplifies SO many things!

    Meg
    Third Grade in the First State

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea yea yea! Yours turned out sooooo super cute! I totally wish I had safari themed mine because yours turned out just absolutely awesome! :) I am so excited for the velcro aspect of the job board! I feel like it's going to make life so much easier! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...