Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Free Writing Center idea and my First Day Photos!

Hey ya'll! Happy HUMP DAY!

Yes....I've made it through HALF of my first week back. I have about 3 hours to work in my room (between meetings) tomorrow, and then we have Meet the Teacher on Friday morning!

I've been REALLY spending a lot of time updating my math, reading, and making words/phonics centers. I have a couple of reading centers in the works right now, but I found a freebie on TpT that I thought I'd share with you guys. I'm sure you've heard of using stickers for writing ideas, but this freebie gives you a cute page for students to place the stickers then write.


A big thank you to the creator, Sarah Paul!!!

AND, because I'm sprucing up, I went to the dollar store, Target Dollar spot, and the sale rack at Lakeshore to replenish my STICKER BUCKETS:
These are just a few of the stickers I got...I have monsters, frogs, monkeys, dinosaurs, fairies, aliens, cars, trains, trucks, fish, and jungle animals! There is something for everyone! :)

OH, and I finished another PINTEREST project! I made a sign for my students to pose behind for their "First Day of First Grade" photos! :)
Here it is:

I did a practice pose and am trying to decide if I want to have the pics made into HIGH CONTRAST COLOR, or BLACK AND WHITE....

Not sure on that yet, but I'll try to get a couple pics and let you guys help me decide soon! Don't forget to check out my giveaway if you haven't yet! To enter, see Sunday's post! :)

7 comments:

  1. I <3 your frame! I am dying to make one too but I don't think I am going to have enough time. We'll see. Love the sticker writing idea maybe I will use a little later in the year though. With K you never quite know how ready they are to write.

    Vicky
    http://themadnessthatiskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sticker story link! I use that as well in my writing center, but we just had plain writing paper that comes with our program...this is much more fun:) Now I need to find all sorts of cool stickers like you did! I'm just starting out in the bloggy world, and would love if you would stop by to check out my baby blog! I CAN NOT believe you are already back in school...AaahH! Where did summer go??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love your jungle themed picture frame Marie! It came out fabulous!! I love the sticker story idea also from Sarah! I want to add that to my writing center for next year. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're back at school!!!!! I have 5 1/2 more weeks to go. Everyone sure has weirdly different schedules, don't they?
    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your first week of school! I love your frame. I made one, too...but yours is DARLING! Thanks for the sticker story paper...perfect!
    Michelle
    mcoop1125@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of a frame for the first day photos. Such a unique idea! I've also nominated you for an award. Come to my blog to check it out :)

    Jessie
    Look Who's Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I can't believe you're back to school already! Three more weeks for me and I am eagerly waiting to get the letter in the mail telling me who my son's kindergarten teacher will be!

    Mrs. Slocum
    Teacher's Don't Steal, They Share!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...