Monday, July 16, 2012

A Cheap and EASY hands on center!

TODAY was my first day back to work...and I made it! lol
I had to have one month's lesson plans ready to be turned in...which I did not! I turned in the first two and then a third and fourth week that were only partially complete. BUT, my lessons passed the inspection, so I'm all good! They just wanted to see that we were all on the right path and up and running. We have a busy week of in-services and prep, then Friday is Meet the Teacher! I always get excited to meet my new kiddos!

BUT, that's not what I wanted to talk to ya'll about tonight....I wanna talk about CHEAP and EASY things....

I am ALL about things that are easy and CHEAP! lol...aren't all teachers?!?!?

So, I went over to my local DOLLAR TREE looking for some cheap paper or laminate coasters....I'll tell you why in a moment, but this is what I found:


Now, they had some solid colors, a couple of ocean themed coasters, and then they had these...picnic themed!!!
Not sure if you guys have seen or not, but I have an "ANTS at the PICNIC" math packet in my TPT that I use in class.
Click the picture to see more!

Well, you can't even imagine how happy I was to have found coasters that fit into one of my many math class themeS!

So, wanna know what I did with them????
I created a QUICK, EASY, and yes...CHEAP math center activity!


I used a sharpie to write on the backs of the coasters. I made all the doubles facts through 10. So, 1+1 all the way to 10+10, and then I made their answers on the other coasters.

AND, VOILA!!! Perfect for partners or small groups to play DOUBLES FACT concentration!!


That's it for tonight, but remember, if you haven't entered yet, my 300 follower giveaway is going on, and it's BIG!!!! Giftcards, certificates, and products galore!
300FOLLOWER

 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love those random things at the Dollar Tree that just work perfectly with your teaching ideas?! Great idea!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total cuteness! I love it! Thank you for sharing. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...