Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back to the Grind...Does anyone VOKI?

Today was my 2nd day back to work. We spent most of our day in a My Math training for our new MY Math McGraw-Hill program, which is directly based on Common Core. The program seems AMAZING, easy to use, and comes with a really user-friendly online version that has everything from games, tools, math mats, music, homework ideas, and more! I'm in love.... *sigh....

Before the math presentation started, our trainer showed us a VOKI. This is something she uses sometimes before a lesson begins. Her voki will tell students what they are going to be covering in class. She told us that her class LOVES her voki.....so I had to give it a go!

Here's mine :) (BE SURE YOUR SPEAKERS ARE ON!)


Gahhhh! I laugh out LOUD each time I watch that! :)
Is it cute OR WHAT????? You can make people (traditional or edgy), animals, anime, and more! You can give them different accents/languages and then type or even record what you'd like them to say. It's free and you can just play around with it!

Some of you may have already heard of this....I may be the last to know! LOL
If you have already been using this, I'd love to hear how you use your voki!
If you've NEVER heard of it, Click HERE to go and check it out! 

Now, as my voki told you, I had LOTS of candy today. Why do they insist on putting candy out at ALL of our meetings?!??! I am trying my best to get into a good school/eating routine...but this is how I am feeling right now!

Pinned Image

lol....And, I'll leave you with that!
Don't forget to check out my GIVEAWAY if you haven't yet!!! Last day to enter is Sunday.




7 comments:

  1. I've used voki before when I taught 4-7 science. I let them type their vocabulary words and definitions so they could play with them and hear them said. The kids LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FABULOUS idea!!!! Thanks for sharing that Emily!
      Marie

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog this week! I'm a new follower! :-)
    Michelle
    nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww I love Voki. I haven't used it in a few years. I use to have one every week when my blog was a student/parent blog. I'm going to have to go back to check out my old stuff. Thanks for posting.
    ✰ Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I am just behind the times, I guess! LOL

      This was literally the FIRST time I've seen a voki!

      Thanks for commenting!
      Marie

      Delete
  4. yes! I <3 voki. I usually work collaboratively with a group to create one about a concept that we were studying. They also love the random characters....talking animals seem to be the faves.
    Have you ever tried blabberize? You can upload a picture or drawing & then manipulate a "mouth" to make the picture talk. It's pretty rad too! www.blabberize. com

    The First Grade Derby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, love the idea of having a group create one! And, I've never heard of blabberize either! Sounds FUN!!

      THank you for sharing :)

      Marie

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...