Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pinterest Projects! My list is EXPANDING!

A few weeks ago I was a part of a fun LINKY party for Pinterest projects that I wanted to get done over the summer. Click HERE if you missed it! :) 

Well, because I am VERY obsessed with Pinterest and blogging, I keep coming across more and more ideas that I want to try out!

For starters, check out these ADORABLE cookies that you can make to go along with The Kissing Hand (a book I was planning to use at the beginning of the school year!) This is such a cute book and really helps put the students at ease during those first few days.
The Kissing Hand. cute snack. Great for the first week of school for pre-school-1st graders
This picture came from kidney-garden.blogspot (View SOURCE here) 

AND...because I am always trying to find SUPER FUN SCIENCE activities, I ran across this and I am TOTALLY going to do this with my class this coming year!

How to make your own Rock Candy! A delicious science experiment :) Lots of neat things on this site.
MAKE YOUR OWN ROCK CANDY experiments!

For more HANDS ON SCIENCE activities, you can also check out my SUPER SCIENCE CENTERS!

This 49-page packet includes:
Steps of the Scientific Method Posters

What's your guess? Hypothesis game

Science Tools We Use: Picture card matching game

Data Collection: Class surveys and graphs for Practice

A Classification Station: Practice classifying mammals/non-mammals, foods, and other items

AND the following experiments with extension activities:

Magnificent Magnets
Cleaning Pennies: What works best?
The Diaper's Full: How Diapers Work
Smelly Science: Using Your Sense of Smell
Homemade Hearing Aides: Can we Make them?
Homemade Magnifying Glass: Will it work?

All experiments come with a teacher page that explains "The Science Behind It", and a student page and extension activity.

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet {literally lol} idea to go along with The Kissing Hand!!

    ❤-Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're not already following, you should check out Endless Pinabilities! A blog by teachers, dedicated to Pinterest!
    Journey of a Substitute Teacher
    Endless Pinabilitites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make your own rock candy sounds like such a fun project!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make your own survey related updates, surveys and news at SureyTool.com. Make your own survey by SurveyTool.com for efficient and effective business growth.
    Make Your Own Survey

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those Kissing Hand cookies! What a cute idea! Thank you so much for sharing them.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...