Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Can I Vent???? (TpT related)

First of all, before I begin my venting process, I wanted to show off my latest Hobby Lobby find:
They go perfectly with my new theme. I'm using them for in/out boxes for graded/nongraded papers.

Now....Can I vent?? I know many of you have TpT shops and you have probably gone through something similar, so I just need to get some opinions and feedback.

I received my first negative comment last night on one of my products. I know this happens, but this negative comment was completely unwarranted. The complaint was that the pack was "full of words and not enough pictures and examples" however, my description is VERY clear and it says that this is an "outline with ideas on teaching the U.S. Government" and my thumbnails show NO PICTURES. The thumbnail shows a simply typed outline.

I know it's a good pack because I've sold many and gotten some nice comments. So why am I letting this one person's comment make me so upset??!?!

Thoughts? Anyone go through something similar?

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bins you found at Hobby Lobby!!

    April
    http://www.wolfelicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Hobby Lobby! It's right up there with Target in my world! :)

      Delete
  2. I would just write back to the buyer explaining that your description says exactly that. Unfortunately, not everyone reads our descriptions before buying. If you need more advice from other sellers, you can always write in the TPT forum. Those who participate in the forums are quite the helpful bunch ;)


    ✿Valerie
    All Students Can SHINE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie! I appreciate the advice. I just responded. I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does...

      Delete
  3. Don't let it bother you. I had over 50 nice comments and 1 rude comment on one of my packets. How can so many people love your stuff and one not at all. It's discouraging but try not to let it hurt your feelings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this...it really helps to hear this!

      Delete
  4. Don't let it get to you!! It sounds like you covered all your bases with your description and preview pics!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand why people give a bad rating right away! I would email the seller if I had concerns about a product that I purchased. Unfortunately you can't please everyone. If your product & description stated what you said, then it's the buyer's fault for not reading it carefully enough. For what it's worth, I think your products are fantastic!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. I love when people vent about what I'm thinking!!! As long as you are clear in your description and example pages I don't think it's right that people can give you low ratings!!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    PS If you haven't already joined my giveaway I would love to have you join!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...