Sunday, June 10, 2012

Back from a MINI-Staycation: Teacher Deals!

I'm back....I was gone ALL DAY yesterday and overnight with the hubby! We had a little STAYCATION while a friend watched the kiddos. It was sooooo relaxing and well deserved. The hubby and I really enjoyed ourselves! Thought I'd shared a few pics from the trip AND some ways to get perks from being A TEACHER!

We stayed at Sheraton's Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa in Arizona. They offer a special teacher rate during the summer months, so the overnight stay was only $89!!



This was the view from our room. Teachers get an UPGRADED room upon check-in if there are any available! Awesome views!

Me...enjoying some sunshine...on our way to the pool!


 THe hubby took me to Shula's steak house and I must say....it was THE BEST STEAK I have ever eaten!

I'm not a gambler at all, but these silly slot machines were so much fun!!!!

I even GOT LUCKY!!!! I put a $20 bill into the slot machine, and it starts SPINNING, then RINGING!!!! I cashed out with LOTS more than I spent! WOO HOO!

All in all, we had a WONDERFUL time.

 Now, with such an amazing teacher discount that the Sheraton offered, I thought....what other places offer teacher discounts????

Here is a list that I came up with. Do you have something to add???? Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

PLACES that offer TEACHER discounts:

1. Sheraton
2. Michaels and Joanne's Fabrics
3. Barnes and Noble
4. The Loft
5. Border's and BooksAMillion
6. Lakeshore Learning (teacher's club)
7. Office Max and Staples
8. New York and Company and Banana Republic (most do, but call before just to make sure!)
9. Marriot Hotels (Apparently, you can get a discounted rate if you show your I.D. because you are a "state employee" if you work for a public school)
10. J. Crew
11. Hobby Lobby
12. Dress Barn

Now, your turn! Anyone know of others??? I know that I would love to know!

Thanks!! Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your trip with the hubs!! :)
    You can also get discounts at AC Moore and on your Verizon Wireless bill!!
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! THanks!! I use Verizon, so I'll have to check into that!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following me! Now I am following you! Looks like a fun trip & I had not idea all of those places gave teacher discounts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could show you something new! :) Gotta love discounts! :)
      Marie

      Delete
  3. Cute blog. I found you from your guest post at Wild About Teaching. Thanks for sharing this list. I learned some new things and cannot wait to see what kind of discounts I can get :) Thanks again.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...