Saturday, June 23, 2012

Are you a Fashionable Teacher?

Yes....that's my question. Do you consider yourself to be a "fashionable" teacher? I have taken a good, hard look at my wardrobe from the past few years, and have decided I am NOT a fashionable teacher.

Sure, I have a few good outfits...I have a couple of days out of each week where I "try" and people say things like "Oh, you look so nice today!" (Which makes me think, I must look awful on those other days~ LOL)

Truth be told....our school has a very relaxed dress code in many ways...FOR instance, we are allowed to wear jeans ANY day of the week...as long as they are work appropriate. As you can imagine, this makes it VERY easy to just grab jeans and a cute top and be out the door. BUT, I just think I would look much more professional if I went outside of my jeans bubble! I've noticed I even spend more time on my hair when I don't wear jeans! Isn't that funny?

So, I have been searching websites, magazines, and (surprise) Pinterest for "teacher outfits" for next school year.

I actually just made a GREAT purchase at Kohls and scored these to dresses that I think are both COMFORTABLE and FASHIONABLE! Each of them has a tiny tie/belt at the natural waist spot, but you can't really see it in this picture.


I LOVE A GOOD DEAL!!


I also love getting NEW ideas and one of my bloggy friends has a "FASHION FRIDAY" that I just love!
Visit Buggy for Second Grade as she shows some cute ideas for wearing a belt FASHIONABLY! :)

Buggy for 2nd Grade




12 comments:

  1. Cute dresses!! I love Kohl's. They always seem to have cute clothes.

    april
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely NOT a fashionable teacher. HaHa. My school is pretty relaxed too. We have to look professional (of course), but NO ONE is coming to school in business attire. I wear dresses and nice sandals a lot, because it's comfortable :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think business attire would work for teachers who work with young kids, but out of the teachers in my school, I'm definitely in the bottome five for style I'd say! lol

      Delete
  3. Awe!! Thanks for mentioning my blog! I love shopping and fashion! One tip to ensure that you dress fashionable is to make outfits a month at a time during the school year. I find that having outfits pre-made makes my life so much easier in the morning. I also think I wear more of my clothes if I do this. You should definitely try it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley, I love that tip!! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  4. Those are pretty dresses! I think I'm fashionable certain days of the week. It's gotten to the point though that I am more about comfort than anything! It makes getting through the day easier. If you can find comfort & fashion, then it's a win-win situation right?! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to be fashionable most of the time. I love bargains and I will buy clothes from anywhere- definitely not a label snob. I will wear my J. Crew jeans with a Walmart top and Forever 21 accessories- as long as I think it's cute, I'll buy it. We are only supposed to wear jeans on Fridays, but that rule is pretty flexible. I have some jeggings that I wear almost any of the week- but it's always paired with a cute top and jewelry, so I feel like it looks nice.
    First with Franklin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! I am also a "wear any brand" kinda girl! :)

      Delete
  6. Nope! I'm not even close to fashionable. We can only wear jeans on Friday so I have a few pairs of black pants and dress shirts that I rotate through. I do like to wear sundresses in the summer though. Good luck on your mission!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like I need to take a trip to Kohls! Also, I like your fluency passages! Great idea! :)

    Jessica
    Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And, yes..you gotta go to Kohls! :)

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...