Tuesday, May 29, 2012

TOP FIVE in my class...LINKY!

I'm linking up with Kelley over at The Teacher Idea Factory to share with you guys the TOP five things I CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT in my classroom. I thought this was going to be an easy one, but when I really sat to think of my list, I found myself questioning the items that I just really like and the items I couldn't teach without....yes...I made this way more complicated than needed...but that's me! lol!

SO....here are the TOP FIVE items in my classroom:

1. MY AMAZING TEACHER'S AIDE....yes, this is cheating as it is not an object that you could buy...BUT, I seriously do not think I would be a great teacher without my amazing aide. I am fortunate enough to teach at a charter school where I have a FULL time Aide who helps me with copying, recess, lunch, bulletin boards...you name it! She also helps with math groups, reading groups....yep. COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT HER.

2. PANDORA! I keep my computer on PANDORA during the day and I have different stations loaded for different activities. When the music goes on, kids know that voices go off. We listen to anything from Enya to Mexican Guitars. It is nice to have the music during writing time and also during snack time.

3. Stanley Bostitch QuietSharp6(TM) Classroom Pencil Sharpener With 6-holes And Quiet Motor, Blue (EPS10HC)This is the newest pencil sharpener I have bought and I LOVE IT! I have other teachers ask to borrow it all the time. It's fairly quiet, quick, and does a great job with just about any sized pencil or color pencil! I got it on AMAZON. Click here for more INFO!

4. Product Details GLUE DOTS!!! I was introduced to these last year at a Michael's Saturday craft event. I have used them to make cards with my class, make pointer sticks, bookmarks, labels....EVERYTHING!!! Love me some glue dots!

5. Trend Enterprises Inc. t-73026 Dancing Stars <em>Incentive Pad</em>Incentive Pads! I use incentive pads for Spelling tests, Bonus Work, behavior...everything! It really keeps my students motivated and I give them a Sticker "update" each week so they know where they are at. For every 10 stickers they get a small prize. :)


Can't wait to see what everyone else's top five items are!

4 comments:

  1. I love Pandora!! We use it a lot in our classroom during independent work time. It is fabulous!! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maire . . . I heart ya girl! Thanks so much for joining. Not only is your list fantastic, you gave me great info. Glue dots, huh? I have been in a long-time war with my double-sided tape for years. These look amazing! Also, a sweet little child in my class decided to shove a crayon in my sharpener about a month ago and I am in the market for a new one. Great timing on this resource suggestion :) Thanks again for jumpin' in my bloggy friend!


    Kelley "Forever Grateful" Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you for the kind words! I'm glad I could help you with a couple of ideas! I seriously LOVE those glue dots! They really do last too!

      Delete
  3. I've never even heard of Pandora! Maybe I shouldn't be admitting this :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...