Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tummy aches, EASTER grass, ANTS, and a FREEBIE!

Well, I said yesterday that I was OFFLINE today....looks like that's out the window! LOL I did try, but unfortunately, the tummy bug has attacked my family (all but me) so I am quarantined for the evening. My daughter is almost all better, my son is sleeping, and the hubby is just showing symptoms. UGH! We did manage to get a few shots this morning however!

Now, who in the blogger world has LOTS of Easter grass left?? You know...the cute multi-colored mess that you put in the bottom of the baskets... Well, if you are like me (a frugal teacher), you may have went out this evening in all the madness or you may go tomorrow and stock up on the AFTER Easter sale. I do this after ALL holidays. Today, I was looking for EASTER GRASS. Lots and lots of Easter grass....WHY?

Here are some ways to use the Easter Grass, even when Easter has passed:
1. It makes great packaging cushion.
2. In a bind, it works in gift bags just like tissue paper would.
3. Ummmm....hello? HAIR! When your kiddos are creating, it makes very wacky and cute hair!
4. SENSORY TABLE filler! You can hide all sorts of items in it too and let them search!
5. For older kids, fill a table bucket with the grass and insert slips of paper with their spelling words. Let students search for the paper pieces, then write down the words they find.
6. Depending on the colors, you could use it to fill vases as centerpieces.

Anyone have more ideas on how to use the stuff? I'd love to hear from you! Just comment below.

Also, I have finished TWO PICNIC units! Upon request, I have them separated as a LITERACY PACK and a MATH PACK. Both are really cute and perfect for this time of year!


Would you like a freebie from my ANTS at the PICNIC packet??


Happy Easter Everyone! And, if you haven't checked out my TECHNOLOGY LINKY PARTY, be sure to take a peek. There are some great ideas up there already! Have something to add? LINK UP!


Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marie,
    I am your newest follower and I have tagged you! Stop by my blog to see the details.
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com/2012/04/surprises-2-tags.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YAY!!! HOw exciting! I'll check it out now.
      ~Marie

      Delete
  2. I had never thought of using Easter grass for hair!!! Oh my word, that would be so stinkin cute!!

    I'm your newest follower :)

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) YEs, I am super thrifty and try to think of new ways to use EVERYTHING! LOL
      Thanks for following!
      ~Marie

      Delete
  3. These are such cute ideas! I am you newest follower and am also one to use and reuse EVERYTHING!

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog and check it out!

    Thanks!
    Sarah
    www.thefabulousfirstgrade-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the literacy picnic! Sooo cute. I'm a new follower : )
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...