Monday, April 9, 2012

I've Been TAGGED! LOVE this game!

So, I have officially been TAGGED by Tamara at My Heart Belongs In First!
AND....since I'm home today with my sick daughter, I have time to answer her questions right now! :) HOW FUN!!


Here Are The Rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)


Questions from Tamara:
1. Do you have a theme for your classroom?
 
The past three years my classroom theme has been STARS! I start the year out with a big bulletin with a rocket ship and stars with the kids names and it says "Mrs. Cote's New First Graders are OUT of this WORLD!"
2. What is one supply you purchase every year for your classroom?

Incentive pads...lots of them! OH, and bookmarks and fun erasers!
3. What is your favorite group or singer?
 I love ALL kinds of music. Currently some of my favorites are One REpublic, Blake Shelton, Luke Bryan, and Kelly Clarkson.
 
 
4. If you could visit one place in the US, where would it be?

 I have never been to Colorado, and I'd love to go visit during the summer. Maybe I could do some river rafting!?!?
5. How do you find a balance between work and school? Well, my work/school kinda go hand in hand, but the real trick is finding a balance between school, being a mommy, and being a wife. I'm still working all the kinks out! lol
6. What is the newest book you purchased for your classroom? The Pout Pout Fish in the BIg Big Dark....perfect for teaching the zones of the ocean!
7. What do you like to read in your free time? MAGAZINES...Self, Cooking Light, People...you name it! lol
8. McSteamy or McDreamy or McDonald's?

 I never got into the McDreamy/McSteamy...and I'm trying to stay away from McDonalds', although, I LOVE THEIR SWEET TEA! (I'm from GA you know! LOL)
9. Do you have a classroom pet? If so, what kind?

We had a gecko at the beginning of the year, but he contracted a parasite and left me to teach a very sad lesson on life...and death. :( NO MORE PETS for me!
10. What kind of gift do you give your kiddos for the end of the year?

 I usually give them a book for summer reading and a class picture collage...not sure what I'm going to do this year though. May try to spice it up! I'll see what Pinterest ideas I can find! :)
MY QUESTIONS:
1. What is the one item in your classroom that you could not live without?
2. What is the last "teacher book" you purchased?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. What is the best teaching advice you have ever received?
5. Do you have any big summer plans?
6. What do you give your students at the beginning of the year? Do you give them a goodie bag? What's in it?
7. Do you have plants in your classroom?
8. Do you remember who YOUR favorite teacher was? Why were they so memorable?
9. What is your go-to lunch that you pack for yourself?
10. What is the hardest part of your job?

Bloggers I'm Tagging:
Megan @ Miss Murray's Kinder Monkeys
Mrs. M @ The Daily CupCAKE
Two Crazy Texas Teachers
Lacey @ Wild About Teaching
Emily @ Second Grade Mon "Stars"
Mr. Jones @ First Upon a Time
Think, Wonder, and Teach
Casey @ Second Grade Math Maniac


I can't wait to see everyone's answers!!!

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

6 comments:

  1. I just played! You can stop by my blog to see my answers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm so excited to be tagged in this fun game! And to have a new follower! I'll answer my questions tomorrow! :-) Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,
    I have to say I may love the McDonald's Sweet Tea more than McDreamy or McSteamy! And Colorado is on my list of places to go too!
    Thanks for answering my questions.
    :)
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun to run across this nice mention of The Pout-Pout Fish In The Big-Big Dark. Thank you!

    My best to you and your students - may you all have a wonderful summer!

    Best Fishes,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how COOL!!! I am a bit of a dork when it comes to children's books, so the fact that you have even commented on my blog has made me SO happy! I love the Pout Pout books and use them in my First grade class each year. I also have them at home and my 4 year old can't get enough of them! GREAT books!

      Marie

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...