Friday, March 2, 2012

A Wonderful Day for Oobleck and Reading!

Well, although my afternoon has been quite sad with family things, I'm going to focus on the positives and tell you all about our fun day at school....HOWEVER, for those of my friends who pray, please keep my brother Luke and his family in your prayers. THANK YOU for that! :)

Now, on to the fun stuff! Today my class celebrated Dr. Suess's birthday by reading Bartholomew and the Oobleck. What a wonderful story about APOLOGIZING! I think that really hit home with a few of my little Firsties :)

Next, it was time to get our hands dirty...literally!



If you decide to make Oobleck in class, I suggest checking out this Oobleck States of Matter Activity!


Our school also celebrated Read Across America Day! I read my students FOX in SOCKS by Dr. Suess...not an easy task! My tongue got twisted so many times...and the kids thought that was hilarious! lol

What an amazing day in Arizona for reading outdoors...

And then, there is my very special cutie-pie...Phoebe, my 4 year old daughter. Her PreK teacher had them make their own T-shirts with words on them for Read Across America Day, and they made these cute Dr. Suess Hats! LOVE IT!


Now, the last thing I want to talk about is a follow up on our new class addition, the TATTLE MONSTER. Today was the first day that I had students using it, and just as I thought, it was VERY POPULAR today. I must have read 13 or so cards...BUT, by the end of the day everyone seemed to understand the concept of putting real tattles in the box. They know when to tell a teacher, and when to tell the Tattle Monster. All in all, I'd say we are off to a great start with this!So, thank you again to GigglesGalore!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!! Be on the lookout! Sunday I'll be posting a list of YOUTUBE favorites for TEACHING! :)

Love,
Marie

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your version of the "tattle monster" and how it's working for you! I love that you were inspired by my version and hope that it will help you in your classroom!

    http://gigglesgalorenmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, thank you! Your creativity is so inspiring! You would make a fabulous party planner from what I've seen! :) Love all of your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...