Thursday, March 1, 2012

With March comes Read Across America, Dr. Suess, and another FREEBIE!

March is here, and for my school, that means we are only a week away from our Spring Break! Woo Hoo! I think we are all in need of a little R&R. But, for tomorrow and next week, we have a lot planned! For starters, tomorrow our class will take part in Read Across America from 2:00 to 2:30. My students are very excited about going out on our big field with blankets and reading in the sunshine. I'm pretty excited about that too! :)

It's also Dr. Suess's birthday and in honor of that, my class worked very hard today on a special project. We have been reading lots of Dr. Suess books this week, and today our focus book was "There's a Wocket in My Pocket". I asked my students to think of something creative that was in their pockets, then write a short story about what it looked like, what it's name was, and what it did in their pocket...was it nice, shy, loud? The responses were fantasticly funny and very original. Here are a couple of my fave CREATURES in their pockets!



I also got creative today and tried out something I saw on the fabulous Giggles Galore blog! She got the idea to create "Tattle Monsters" and I followed suit. I'm not sure about you guys, but I have several students who have just been tattling constantly. Now, of course, I'll need to go over the speech on when you ABSOLUTELY must tattle, but I'll also be able to show students where the tattle monster is for things that are not of an urgent matter...and don't involve anyone being hurt. Here is my first Tattle Monster:

:) Pretty good for my first one, I think! LOL

Now, since it's March, I have another FREEBIE: Are you in need of some new ideas for journal topics? If so, click HERE for your own list of ENGAGING Journal Topics for the Month of MARCH!

With Love,
Marie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...