Friday, March 30, 2012

Spangler Science, Math Fun, and Spring LINKY!

Today was a wonderful day in my class! I love Fridays because we ALWAYS do an experiment/investigation during our Science time. Today I took some inspiration from Steve Spangler Science and used his "jelly marbles" to teach students all about HYDRATING. They had a blast!



I have a lesson printable that I made, but I forgot to send it from my school computer....so, next week, I'll be sure to upload that as a freebie for you guys! It goes great with this Steve Spangler activity.
Oh, and if you want to buy the "jelly marbles"...it's the same thing as Orbeez that they sell at Walmart or Target. See a picture of them HERE!


I also tried a new math activity this morning that I found on Tammy's blog 1..2..3..Teach with Me!




The students had so much fun learning a new strategy to add three numbers. Check her blog for step by step directions and free printables.

It's SPRING TIME...time to GET LINKY! I have linked up with Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives for a SPRING themed Linky Party! Are you in the mood to shop and browse Spring themed products, games, and activities??? Head on over to Mrs. Lirette's and take time to blog stalk! :)

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

6 comments:

  1. Awesome science ideas! And . . . I am your 50th follower! Woo-hoo!!! :)

    Casey
    Second Grade Math Maniac Blog
    Teachers Pay Teachers Store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! I LOVE Steve Spangler. And, look at me at 50 followers! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower. I'm so excited about your science ideas because I am doing a 1 week "science camp" this summer with nursery school age students. this will be perfect.
    Lyn
    mrsgoffskinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you found me and thanks for following! Next Friday I will have another fun Science activity :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much fun. Glad we found you via Pinterest. Can't wait to read more of your Friday science lesson posts. Thank you for featuring our Jelly Marbles on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commmenting! WOW...I feel like a rockstar that you guys have given this notice! :)

      I am a huge fan of Steve Spangler Science!
      ~Marie

      Delete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...