Sunday, March 4, 2012

Music has its PLACE!

Music is good for the soul. I know I'm not the only one who likes to drive and just listen to music...or lay in bed listening to music....or sing at the top of my lungs to a good power ballad. Music also has a wonderful place in THE CLASSROOM, if you let it. My students love doing their seatwork to music. Sometimes I play classical, sometimes it's Enya, and others we let loose to a little Disney classics.

I have also found some amazing songs through YOUTUBE for my students to learn by! Below you'll find a few songs for teaching. I play these songs and my class loves them! Plus, the tune and repetition keep concepts fresh in their minds. I hope you find these helpful! I'd love to hear back from you on what you think! Also, if you have any you'd like to add, I'm working on a FREE list of Songs to Teach by. I'd love to add them. If you leave your email address, I'll send the list to you when I'm done!


2 comments:

  1. Would love a copy of your list. Our school block utube, so I was so excited when I found out how to download them and show them to my class. Thank you for sharing.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, it isn't blocked at our school. We were able to set up a "safe link" on teacher computers for it to come through. I'll be sure to let you know when my list is complete and pass it along!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...