Thursday, March 8, 2012

More Freebies, Award Thank you's, and a New St. Patrick's Writing Craft!

It's almost the end of another busy, fun week in First Grade! BUT, tomorrow is not just any Friday...it happens to be the Friday that begins my TWO WEEK Spring Break! And, to make it even more exciting, my class came in 2nd place for raising money during our Scholastic Book Fair's One For Books program, so we won a Hawaiian Shaved Ice/Movie party!!! Tomorrow is going to be fantastic! :)

Today I was awarded these two lovely Blog Awards! So, thank you goes Lacey at Wild About Teaching!



 

The rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it to you. (DONE!)
2. Pass the award onto 15 other lovely bloggers.
(may be a bit difficult to find someone who doesn't have it. I'll be happy with 3 for now!)
3. Follow the person who sent it to you. (Check!)

Now, here are the blogs that I am nominating for these awards!! A couple have already been nominated, but I think they deserve it!!!

Tickled to Teach http://www.tickledtoteach.blogspot.com/

and

1st Grade Rocks!!!http://1stgraderocks.blogspot.com/

and

1A's Got the Right Stuff


Now, on to the FREEBIE for tonight...and probably tomorrow too because I'm planning on a Happy Hour tomorrow, meaning...no blog time tomorrow evening! Lord knows what I would say! LOL

I have created a set of Math Mats for Sorting, Adding, Subtracting, Odd/Even, Place Value...the list goes on. That is at my TpT store. If you would like to see more info or samples for that, you can click HERE.
I am giving you guys a little "Freebie" from the pack below. Take a look, and if you take this FREEBIE, please consider following me. I offer Freebies often, or tell you where you can go to get something free! :)



FREE BEAN SORT MAT (take a look!)

FREE BEAN COUNTERS for SKIP COUNTING BY 2's

These mats would be great for using beans in math class, and would also fit very nicely if you are discussing plant life in science to tie both areas together.

Lastly, I wanted to share a cute little writing activity that my class did today as part of our St. Patrick's fun. We used construction paper, markers, and glue:







This added a great pop of color to our library area inside my classroom....LOVE!

Now, enjoy your night...I'm going to go crash to prepare for my day of partying with my Firsties! They are all going to be wired tomorrow. Especially with it being the day before break AND a party day!

Have a great weekend all!
With Love,
Marie


3 comments:

  1. Those are so stinkin' cute! I am so glad I found your blog. I would love for you to come visit me and grab some *freebies*!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do Heather!!! :) And, thanks for following me! I've only been blogging about a month, so it's nice to get some really awesome women following my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...