Monday, March 12, 2012

Busy doesn't come close!

Wow, I cannot believe it is just my FIRST day of Spring Break. I didn't actually take a break today! lol

I had a very awesome mom from my class offer to help organize my student library in my classroom. I was going to post a before, but forgot to take the snapshot before! OOPS...so here is one of the bookshelves AFTER:

I now have labeled buckets for books that are similar, or by the same author...Magic Treehouse, Magic School bust, Cam Jansen, A to Z Mysteries, Junie B. Jones, etc.
I left my classroom feeling like I had just ran a marathon...but my library looks fantastic! Next week, I'll tackle the closet....(place dread face here).

My day didn't stop there, however...my little guy has come down with PINK EYE and a double ear infection...so we were at the Urgent care for a good portion of the afternoon. Even with all that, he's still a happy baby:

Now, with all that going on, I wasn't able to finish up much...but I did manage to post a new item to my TpT for practicing doubles facts. It's a Roll, DOUBLE, Cover that is St. Patrick's themed and only $1.50. I am working with doubles with my First graders and thought this would be a fun way to reinforce. :)

Onto a question: How many of you use the Step Up to Writing program at your school? We just started this past year and I LOVE the way this program is set up. My Firsties can give you a topic sentence, details, and a nice conclusion sentence (for the most part) and I think that using this program has played a huge role.

I have this on the wall in my classroom as a visual reminder for my students:
Not only do my little guys practice this during our Writer's Workshop time, but each week as a part of their homework I give them a Step Up to Writing choice page with three choices for them to write a paragraph about. This helps parents see how the process works too.


LAST, BUT NOT LEAST: Click on the picture below to be LINKED UP with the rest of the awesome K-2 bloggers! More info when you click at Kindergarten Lifestyle:
More to come tomorrow!
With Love,
Marie

3 comments:

  1. I love Step Up To Writing. We have a different program at our school now but I taught it in second grade and thought it was great. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following it. I am your newest follower.

    Pamela Fulk
    firstclassteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is our first year with it, but I am loving it :)
    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Who doesn’t love a great linky party? Especially when we can make new friends!
    I found you on the K-2 linky and now I’m your newest follower. I’d love for you to come visit me sometime!
    ✿Valerie
    Grow Up Learning
    Grow Up Learning Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...