Thursday, March 22, 2012

Anchor Chart, Spring things, and SPRING bookmarks!

Happy almost FRIDAY everyone!
Tomorrow is officially the last day of my two week Spring Break, and I'm making the most of it! Kids will be with friends and I will be at a hair appointment~~ YAY!!! Love getting my hair did! :) yes I said "did" :)

If you haven't seen yet, Lacey over at Wild About Teaching is throwing a different kind of LINKY PARTY!

Anchor Chart Linky Party

If you have an anchor chart you use and would like to share, head on over to Lacey's Blog! You can link up and share your chart with others, and take a peek at some of the charts that others are linking!

Here is one of the anchor charts I use in my class EVERY SINGLE WEEK!! You could use butcher paper, or chart paper and create one per week, or however often you change word family focus. It gives students a chance to really focus on the word family each week and think about bigger, longer words...1, 2, 3 or more syllables! This is great because your students who are not as great with spelling or word work can focus on the 1 syllable words, while those that need more of a challenge can try to think of the 2 or 3 syllable words. You leave this up all week and students can add to the columns as they think of the words or find the words in books or stories.

Now, since it was a BEAUTIFUL day today and it is SPRING, I wanted to let you all know that I have added several SPRING themed goodies to my TpT Store:

The newest product in my TpT store is SPRING TIME is RHYME TIME!

My other SPRING THEMED PRODUCTS are:






Be sure to check them out! They'll add a little Spring Time fun to your routine! :)

Also, this is just a cutsie, fun idea that you could do with your kiddos at home, or your students as a little craftivity or even Mother's Day gift.

You take different colors of cardstock (I always keep leftover pieces and since they don't have to match, you could use leftovers)....use a die cut or free hand the outline of flowers and leaves. Then give your student (or child) a popsicle stick and some glue. Let them stack pieces of paper flowers on top of one another and design their very own SPRING TIME FLOWER bookmark!!!

A little helpful hint here???? Michael's sells the American Girl Scrapbooking Punch out flowers that I used above with my kiddos and it comes with MORE THAN ENOUGH in the book for your class to make at least two bookmarks each! :) HAVE FUN!

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

1 comment:

  1. You have such great ideas!! Im your newest follower! I found your blog through the linky:) I hope you'll stop by my blog
    www.123teachwithme.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...