Saturday, February 25, 2012

Character and Giving Hearts

Ok everyone...today I did something that I have NEVER done before and it was AMAZING! I'm going to try not to get too heavy with this, but one of the reasons that I love the school that I work at is because we are always supporting a charity or having a fundraiser to give back to others. It's important to me as a mom and as a teacher to show our kids how amazing they can feel and how important it is to help others.


Soooooo, today, a group of staff, family, and friends all volunteered our time at our local Feed My Starving Children boxing warehouse. We worked for about 2 hours and were able to package and box enough meals to feed 39 starving children for ONE WHOLE YEAR!!! I told you...AMAZING. It was heartbreaking to hear some of the statistics that I heard today, and I know it's only a small amount, but I feel so proud to have helped. I'll definitely be doing it again! If you've never heard of this organization it is worth checking out! Maybe you can get your own group together! You can visit their website at www.fmsc.org





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...